All Blueseventy products, with the exception of technical race swimwear, include a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase against defects in the workmanship and materials of the product for the original owner when purchased from www.blueseventy.com or an authorized Blueseventy USA reseller.
Proof of purchase is required for all warranty claims.
Wetsuit warranty can be extended one additional year with product registration. Technical race swimwear includes a 6 week warranty period, see below for details.
Please read below for the specific details of what is covered under our warranty for the various types of products Blueseventy manufacturers.
The Blueseventy warranty does not cover damage caused by normal wear & tear, improper care, misuse, accident, or neglect. Blueseventy retains the right to define normal wear and tear circumstances. Many of the Blueseventy products use high performance fabrics and materials that are delicate or easy to damage accidentally. We recommend carefully reviewing and following all fit and care instructions and taking care when using an item to avoid accidental damage.
Specific Warranty Details
Your Blueseventy wetsuit is supported with a warranty on manufacturing and materials defects for one year from the date of purchase for the original owner when purchased from www.blueseventy.com or an authorized Blueseventy USA reseller. Proof of purchase is required for all warranty claims.
Manufacturing and materials defects typically include seam separations and stitching failures. Most other damage is not due to defect.
Blueseventy reserves the right to rule whether damage on a suit is a defect, or caused by normal wear and tear, misuse, accident or improper use/care. If an item is determined to fall under warranty coverage, we will repair the damage and return the suit to the customer. Warranty coverage is for repair only.
COMMON DAMAGE NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY:
- Tears or punctures in the neoprene, including:
- Fingernail Punctures (fingernails can slice through the neoprene easily when suiting up)
- Heel Tears (forcibly pulling your heel through the bottom of the leg when suiting up)
- Accidental Rips or Tears, often caused by using too much force when pulling on a suit. Take your time and be careful.
- Many rips, tears or punctures can be repaired with neoprene cement. For more extensive damage please contact us for repair options.
- Prolonged chlorine exposure, or exposure to other harsh or abrasive substances (this can accelerate suit degradation)
- Zipper Damage, including:
- Zipper head detachment
- Tooth breakage
- These are always caused by excessive force on the zipper, please have a friend help you zip up.
- Heat Damage, including glue failure or suit melting (do not leave your suit in the sun or in your car, even on mildly warm days)
- Normal Wear & Tear, including:
- Wear of screen printed elements
- Rubbing or wear on the outer neoprene or inner jersey due to the velcro hooks rubbing against the suit during storage or transport
- Wear / Fading on the colored neoprene (Blue Helix shoulders, Silver on the Thermal Reaction)
- Seam Tape / Dot separation – these elements are added the help increase the strength of the seams and can come off with time. You can reattach these with neoprene cement.
- Wear or thinning of the neoprene due to rubbing (for example if you walk much in your suit and your thighs rub together)
- Excessive use – if you swim frequently, the suit will not last as long as someone who swims less and may be prone to damage sooner.
- Use of the suit for activities other than swimming.
- The warranty will be void is there is evidence of using the suit for anything other than surface swimming (fresh or salt water) or triathlon, aquathon, swimrun (for the Alliance) or other swim events.
- Activities such as surfing, scuba diving, windsurfing, kite surfing, jetskiing, kayaking, etc can damage the wetsuit and are outside the intended use.
EXTEND YOUR WARRANTY:
(Registration extends the warranty period for up to 2 years from date of purchase)
Your Blueseventy swimskin is supported with a warranty on manufacturing and materials defects for the original owner when purchased from www.blueseventy.com or an authorized Blueseventy USA reseller. Proof of purchase is required for all warranty claims.
Swimskins are a high performance racing garment made up of the finest Italian textile fabrics. They are delicate and frequency of use can shorten the lifespan. The swimskin was designed for competition, not training. The bonding of the suits will break down over time and use, and these should be used sparingly outside of race day.
Due to the design and nature of the swimskin construction they carry a 6 week, limited warranty against defects. This includes seam separation, tearing and zipper failure.
Common Damage Not Covered Under Warranty:
- Graphic peeling is a cosmetic issue and not a warranty fault.
- Chlorine degredation, which can cause seam separation
- Discoloration of the fabrics from sun or swim location (chlorine, lake algae, etc)
Frequency of use and care differs from person to person. We cannot guarantee how long a technical suit will last. In the event of any defect we include a 6 week warranty period on materials and manufacturing for the original owner, when purchased from www.blueseventy.com or an authorized USA reseller. Proof of purchase is required for all warranty claims.
Once the suit has been used, Blueseventy reserves the right to inspect the suit to determine if the suit damage was due to manufacturing faults, or user error.
Proper use and care and use can maximize the life of your technical swimwear. We recommend following all care instructions, and properly storing your suit between uses. For more information refer to our PDF explaining fit & care.
ALL OTHER PRODUCTS
(Training Swimwear, Triathlon Apparel, Goggle & Accessories)
Our training and racing equipment is covered under a one year warranty on manufacturer and materials when purchased from www.blueseventy.com or an authorized USA reseller. Blueseventy will choose to replace or repair any warranty claims that occur within normal wear and tear circumstances.
How it works
Contact us to initiate a warranty claim, see below for claim details. Blueseventy will evaluate the claim and decide on the best course of action. In some cases we will require the item to be sent to us for full evaluation before a decision can be made.
If the issue falls under warranty coverage, the item will be repaired and returned to the customer. In the case that we cannot repair the item we will choose to send a replacement, or offer purchase credit that can be applied to a future blueseventy.com purchase.
TO SUBMIT A WARRANTY REQUEST:
1) Email: email@example.com
- your name
- the item with an issue
- where you purchased the item from
- order number
- if purchased from www.blueseventy.com or a copy of the receipt if purchased from another website or retailer
- date of purchase
- a description of the issue
- please attach any images you have to illustrate the issue you are experiencing
2) Our team will review and respond as quickly as we can to help get your request resolved.
3) The customer is responsible for shipping the defective product back to Blueseventy. If the claim is covered under warranty, we will cover the return shipping back to the customer. If the claim is determined to not be covered under warranty, Blueseventy will offer a quote for the repair cost and return shipping or provide alternate options for repair for that item.
If you purchased your products outside of the USA you need to file a warranty claim with the distributor for your region.
View all International Blueseventy Distributors